To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. - Sun Tzu

Friday, February 04, 2005

La historia del chocolate

So today, I'm in the lunch area at college waiting for my food to get cooked, and there's a table with the following items: A bottle of Captain Morgan (nearly empty), a bunch of paper cup/bowls, a confectionary-type cooking pan/tray with an inch of chocolate being heated by a bunsen burner, a similar pan with white chocolate, and a sign that says something to the effect of "Rum Cake $1.50"

While I'm trying to figure out what's going on (because I can't see any cake anywhere), a Mexican-looking chef (with the hat and everything) comes completely out of nowhere and informs me that I can take some chocolate, it's free, go ahead, help yourself, white or dark

I say, 'Cool', pour some chocolate into a cup/bowl, and turn around to go see if my food's ready. But first, I turn back around to ask the chef what the deal is. He's gone.

So I get my food and my free chocolate, and the cashier tells me about as much, free chocolate.

Moral of the Story: Chocolate is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bless said...

Ah, serendipitous, free chocolate. My favourite. If only that happened more often.

2:43 AM, February 09, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home